Brookside is a charming and well-established neighborhood located in the heart of Tulsa. Known for its unique character, mix of residential and commercial spaces, and strong sense of community, Brookside offers a vibrant and pedestrian-friendly environment.
Brookside is characterized by tree-lined streets, historic homes, and a mix of architectural styles, including Craftsman, Tudor, and Colonial Revival. The neighborhood maintains a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, attracting residents of various ages, from young professionals to families and retirees. Its walkable streets, with sidewalks and bike lanes, encourage residents to explore the area on foot or by bike.
Shopping and Retail
One of Brookside’s main draws is its array of boutique shops, specialty stores, and local businesses. These shops offer a variety of items, from clothing and accessories to home decor and gifts. Antique stores, art galleries, and craft shops contribute to the area’s unique shopping experience. Many of these establishments are centered around the main thoroughfare, South Peoria Avenue.
Dining and Restaurants
Brookside is renowned for its diverse culinary scene, with numerous restaurants, cafes, and eateries to choose from. Here are a few notable options:
- The Brook Restaurant & Bar: A local favorite offering American comfort food, craft cocktails, and a cozy atmosphere.
- Mondo’s Ristorante Italiano: A family-owned Italian restaurant known for its traditional dishes and warm ambiance.
- Blue Moon Bakery: A bakery and cafe serving delicious pastries, sandwiches, and specialty coffee.
- Doc’s Wine & Food: A wine bar and bistro featuring an extensive wine selection, gourmet cuisine, and a charming patio.
- Freya’s Nordic Cuisine: A Nordic Kitchen for all of Tulsa to enjoy. Located at Center 1 in Brookside, this new concept by the Justin Thompson Restaurant Group features classic and re-invented dishes & libations from all of Scandinavia.
Grocery options within or close to Brookside include:
- Whole Foods Market: Located near Brookside, this organic and natural foods supermarket offers a wide range of fresh produce, specialty items, and prepared foods.
- Reasor’s Foods: A regional grocery chain providing a variety of groceries, fresh produce, and deli items.
- Trader Joes: Featuring one of the two of Oklahoma’s Trader Joes.
Parks and Recreation
Brookside is within close proximity to several parks and recreational areas, including the Arkansas River and River Parks, where residents can enjoy walking, jogging, and picnicking along the riverbank.
The Brookside area hosts various annual events and festivals, such as the Brookside Art Annual, a juried art show featuring a wide range of artworks from local and national artists.
The Brookside Neighborhood Association actively engages with residents to enhance the quality of life in the area. This includes initiatives related to neighborhood beautification, safety, and community events.
Overall, Brookside offers a unique blend of historical charm, modern amenities, and a lively community spirit. It’s a place where residents and visitors alike can enjoy shopping, dining, and exploring in a picturesque and walkable neighborhood setting.